Saturday, 9 August 2014

Summer Hairstyles

Here are a few hairstyles that I have been wearing throughout the summer to keep my hair off of my face yet still look stylish and girly.

The first  is a half fishtail braid which I wore whilst on holiday in Italy. I decided to only braid a little bit of my hair as once it gets further down my layers pop out and mess it up. If you want to learn how to do this hairstyle, you can find many tutorials on YouTube that give you an in-depth rendition of how it is done.

And no that's not sunburn, the light in the hotel room was not the best for taking photos!
Next is a hairstyle that I also saw on YouTube by CuteGirlsHairstyles and it is known as the Rope Twisted Pinwheel Bun. It took me ages to do as it was only the second time I had tried it, but I really liked the end result.

And yes, it's Star Trek on the TV in the background. My brother was watching it...
Another is one I'm calling the textured ponytail. It came about when I went swimming with my friends and twisted my wet hair into a neat bun after I came out of the pool. I then came home that evening and took the bun out before going to bed and my hair was still a bit damp, but I couldn't be bothered drying my hair, so I just left it to see what it turned out like in the morning. When I woke up, I threw it into a ponytail and it ended up like this! I was really surprised it turned out as good as it did! 


I tried to do this next hairstyle on myself the other day, however sadly it did not work. I then tried again on my little cousin's hair and it looked amazing! It is also a CuteGirlsHairstyles video, and is called the Half Loop Braidback. 


So when that hairstyle failed on my own hair, i decided to do two pancaked braids instead, and i added a flower at the back to cover the elastic and also add a boho-style to it.

Sorry for the bad photo, its not easy taking it by yourself!
Finally, I celebrated my birthday this week, and invited my friends over last night, and so i decided to curl my hair for the occasion. I normally use my GHD Pink Orchid Limited Edition straighteners, but i was at my grandparents beforehand and therefore used my gran's Remington ones instead. I think they turned out quite well... what do you guys think?


So, although summer is ending fast, I thought you may enjoy seeing these to give you some ideas for the near future. See you next week guys, when school will be back!
                                                                                        Zoe









No comments:

Post a Comment