As I mentioned in my last post, the past weekend I have been in London for a school trip. As I chose Modern Studies (also known as Citizenship in some other countries) we were allowed to visit London for 3 days including a trip to the UK Parliament.
(Modern Studies is basically the subject in which you study topics such as politics, crime/law and how other countries are run.)
First we caught the Virgin Train to London, which I had never experienced before. I thought 5 hours on a train would be incredibly boring, but i was pleasantly surprised! I suppose sitting next to my friend Ellie just results in laughing the entire time!
Since we arrived in the late afternoon, we decided that after settling into the Royal National Hotel, we would take a walk around Covent Garden as we were to have dinner there at a place called Maxwell's. Afterwards, we attended a show which was The Jersey Boys, at the Piccadilly Theatre. It was so good! All of the shows in London are just amazing though! (I'm still listening to all the songs over and over...)
![]() |
| Props to Ellie for her amazing photography here! |
Friday started with a trip on the London Undergound (my fave) to the Westfield Shopping Centre, which is absolutely huge! We only had an hour and a half, and therefore we knew we had to work fast! We visited a mixture of shops from PRIMARK to Victoria's Secret to M.A.C to New Look, Forever 21, and finally TOPSHOP. (Expect a haul soon, and no i didnt buy something from every shop!)
We then did a bit of sightseeing before lunch, taking photos of the London Eye, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and The Shard. Heres a few of them:
We then kept walking on up to Buckingham Palace to have a quick cuppa tea with Queen Lizzie (not really haha) and then back to Parliament for our guided tour. However, we could not take any photos inside which was kind of a bummer...
It was a really good insight to what we had been learning about, yet the House of Commons seemed so much smaller than it does on the TV and/or in photos!
Next came our 19:00 flight on the London Eye, which was so amazing compared to being on it during the day!
![]() |
| Excuse my horrible facial expression here... hahaha |
We then went back to a restaurant near the hotel for dinner as we were all pretty shattered after our long day!
Saturday was our last full day (so gutted) and we started off the day with a trip to the London Dungeons! It was actually really fun, which was unexpected! We then went back to our hotel and gathered up our things (which was a rather time consuming task for Ellie, I mean look at our dressing table...)
![]() |
| (JKS ELLIE - LOVE YOU REALLY!) |
![]() |
| To be fair, this was my stash at the right hand side... |
So all in all, an amazing trip, and I would like to thank my teacher for making it all possible. She basically sorted everything herself, and with the help of only 2 other teachers took responsibility for 24 teenagers! I mean, who'd have thought she would manage to get us all on and off the Tubes at every busy London Underground station?!
I hope you enjoyed this funny account of my trip guys, and I'll hopefully be back with another post next week!!!
Zoe xxx










No comments:
Post a Comment