Once I had purchased all 3 of Superdrug's face masks in this line I knew I had to do a review/comparison.
The first is a green Destressing Mud Mask which was recommended to me around my birthday, when my friend let me try hers. It was so good that I then went on to buy it and the Detoxifying and Hydrating masks too.
The Destressing mask is meant to be for normal to combination skin types which is great for me as that's exactly what I have! You can choose to apply either a thick or thin layer all over your face and leave it for around 10-15 mins to work its magic. By the end the mask sinks into your skin and makes your larger pores visible, which I think really helps as it shows me the more problematic areas that I need to work on. As you remove it, the oil has vanished from your face and it is left feeling incredibly smooth, however, to sustain that, I always apply a moisturiser afterwards as sometimes I notice dry patches beginning to appear a while later after taking the mask off.

The Detoxifying mask is extremely similar in texture to the first, however is a different colour, with different ingredients. It contains Deep Sea Mud and is mainly suited to oily skin. I have been using this most recently as I have suffered a massive breakout on my forehead. It claims to remove oil and blackheads, and reduce the redness and appearance of spots. Some of these things it does, others, not so much. It certainly takes the oil away, similarly to the first mask, but it does not clean deep enough to remove blackheads at all, and I see no rapid difference in my spots, however it has significantly cleared up my forehead in the long run.

Finally, is the hydrating mask, which was the largest let down of the three for me. It really isn't a mask, its more like a moisturiser as it is the only one suited to dry skin. I first used it a few weeks ago when I had a large dry patch on my face, and reading the instructions confused me greatly. All it said was to apply a layer all over your face and leave it to sink in for around 10 minutes before dabbing off the excess with a tissue. This lead me to believe that it is not in fact a mask, or not in my book anyway, but I wouldn't rule out using it as a moisturiser before bed or in the morning as I think the formulation of these products are really good for the price you pay.
Each was £2.59 from my local Superdrug, and so I hope you go and definitely check them out!
See you soon!
Zoe x
No comments:
Post a Comment