Saturday, 11 October 2014

Sephora 'It Palette' Look 1 - Dramatic Fall Smoky Eye

So here we go guys (better late than never) as promised I'm starting a series of looks using my Sephora 'It Palette' and this first one will be a Dramatic Fall Smoky Eye. 

To begin, I have applied my new Calvin Klein foundation called CK One in the shade 'porcelain' to my face, along with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Shade 2 Light. (I have the old version, I think that they were reformulated and the shade is now know as Cool Medium), and now I am ready to begin my eyeshadow. 

Just a tip, I usually apply my face makeup first, out of habit, but its actually better to apply it after doing your eyes as any powder fall down will be able to be cleared before applying the other products. 

Now to start, I always put the base shadow on first as it intensifies the colours that I will be using later on. Next I apply a shimmery amber shade all over my eyelid. (I also forgot to mention that the colours do not have names, so, sorry about that!) After this, I get some of the darkest brown colour and apply it to the very outer edge to create a smouldering effect. To blend these two colours together I then use a medium brown with lots of shimmer and I also take this along the crease too. And lastly comes a gold highlight shade which I take up to my brow bone and blend in with the other shadows in the crease. 

Just in case the photos are not bright enough, I decided to draw the look also.
For eyeliner, I will be using both of the powder ones in the palette, just because the colours are both needed to even out the look. On the top lashline, I begin with the lighter brown towards the inside and work my way out, using the darker liner as I reach the ends so that it stands out more. 
I then use the brown Sephora pencil which comes in the palette to line my waterline. 
To finish off my eyes, I curl my lashes and apply the No7 Extreme Length Mascara in Brown/Black. 

On my cheeks I have again gone with my No7 blush in number 20 Honey as it has gold undertones to tie in with the eyes, and also ,we want a natural look on our cheeks and lips as there is so much else going on.
My nose looks huge in this - I know.
And in saying that, on my lips I have gone for my No7 lip liner in number 20 Nude, and an Avon lipstick (I only have the little tester though) of the colour Perfect Peach. 

This look is great for blue eyes as the amber tones are amazing complementary colours, but it also looks great on any skin tone as it is quite neutral. 

Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow! 
                                                                     Zoe x



No comments:

Post a Comment