Thursday, 16 October 2014

Follow that Trend - High Waisted Denim

For a while now I've been in love with the high waisted trend going about, and have decided to share my thoughts on it with you all. 

You may have seen in my mini spring haul, that i purchased a pair of light-washed denim shorts from PRIMARK, and I have been in love with them ever since. 


I have now added to my collection by purchasing a pair of dark-washed high waisted jeans to see me through the winter, and even though I've only had them a few days, their my new favourite thing! 

I have a naturally small waist, but in comparison to the rest of my body, it is not accentuated as much as I would like it to be (as I have no curves - but that's not really a problem, I don't mind it to be honest) however, discovering these pieces has shown me that I can make my waist look smaller and still wear items I'm comfortable in. Also, I hate wearing belts, and so bottoms that sit on my hips are always to big and I cant bear to pull them up every 5 seconds - but often when things are made high-waisted they sit perfectly, as do these shorts and jeans. 

The jeans are SO SOFT! It unreal! They arent even in Primark's Ultra Soft range, which made me so surprised! They feel like a mixture between jeans and jeggings, and are literally amazing! The only downfall i have to point out is the way they are sized. This is because every other type of PRIMARK jeans have sizes and lengths, for example: 6 short, regular, long; 8 short, regular, long etc, whereas these do not. So if you have long or short legs then these may not work the best for you. Buying these was a bit of a guess as i sized them up to my legs in the shop and then just went for it. I was really lucky that they fitted perfectly! 

So there we go, another post this Blogtober done and dusted! See you soon guys!
                                                                                                                                                 Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment